Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 3 - Update

Today I was a ROCK STAR!!! This morning I was weaned off of my oxygen and did really well! Also, this morning I was moving both my arms and legs. At 11:00 I decided to open my eyes for about half an hour and looked around everywhere and checked out my grammy :) At 11:30 I had my first real food. I had 1/4 of an ounce of preemie formula through my feeding tube. It tasted pretty good but I can't wait till I get the real stuff!!! I did really well with this and went back to sleep. Around 12:00 this afternoon they took me completely off of the oxygen. At 2:30 I had another 1/4 ounce of formula and another half hour of alert-awake time with my grammy. At 4:10 my Mommy and Daddy arrived. I was so happy to see them! And I think my Mommy was really happy to see me too! Mommy got to hold me. It was the first time anyone has held me, execpt when my daddy took me to the nursury right after I was born. I don't think my Mom thought I would be such a big boy already. But I am one of the biggest kids in the NICU so I have to set an example for everyone else. I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with my mommy which also means I get the "good stuff" AKA breast milk. Tonight they took me off of my antibiotics. All in all this world isn't too bad so far but I can't wait to be with my sisters and brothers. Thanks for praying for me! I'm glad Jesus loves me :)

Love, Andersen Zechariah

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm so encouraged to see what a fighter this little guy appears to be and most of all to see God's faithfullness through all this! I will continue to be praying for sweet little Andersen and hope to meet him very soon! Much love to all!
~Jenna

Jenny said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures! Andersen is so adorable! I'm praying for all of you!

Love, Jenny

Jen said...

Beautiful, beautiful baby! It's so wonderful to see Mandy holding him - what a healing moment for both of them. Ok, typing through the tears here...what an AWESOME God we serve!!

Love and prayers to you ALL!

Heather said...

M & J, the photo of Mandy holding Andersen brings tears of joy to my eyes. What a relief it is to hold your child after so many days! Praying for the whole family.

We know the ups and downs of NICU, so if we can be of any assistance or encouragement, drop me a line on FB!

~ Heather (Kensinger)

Reba said...

What a dear sweet baby! I have been following since day one and praying that God would sustain and strengthen all of you. I love the pictures..keep them coming! Let me know if there is anything I can do.