Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 6 & Photos


Today I got to finally visit my little baby brother Andersen. He is so adorable! I can't wait to see him the next time I get to see him. I wish I could see him every day but, no I can't. But maybe after school I could. It was so much fun seeing him this afternoon and I hope I get to see him again. His forhead was really soft. He was really soft. The red light on his hand means that he is okay. I hope he gets to come home in time for Christmas. It will be his very first Christmas. I can't believe that he was an early baby but he is doing alright. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Love, Clare

Now for more details... :)
Another good day for the little guy. When we arrived at the hospital Andersen had had a gret night. The nurse practitioner had been in and said that his jaundice levels were down and that he could discontinue the phototherapy. Now he doesnt have to lay under that blue light for hours and hours on end. He can finally be held a little more!
They removed his IV line today which was also great! There are so many wires attached to him that anytime they can can remove something its nice. He got to wear clothes today! When they did this the temperature in his bed was too high so that is also a good thing. This means that he is maintaining his body temperature well. He is still taking his bottles like a champ! For his size and age I really dont think he could be doing any better than he is. God is so good and has been so faithful to us over this past week. Thank you for being on this journey with us!

Love, Alyssa


3 comments:

Kristi said...

Still praying like crazy and LOVING the pics! Thanks so much, Garvins and Knowltons for keeping us updated!!! He is precious!

Loves to all!

Kristi

Jenna said...

Alyssa, thank you so much for the updates! Loved reading what Clare had to say too - how precious! And the pictures are adorable! Such a beautiful baby! Still praying for sweet little Andersen!
~Jenna

Jen said...

What a beautiful family reunion!